Reminder By Irene Willis

22:45:00

Hello Everyone,

I am so sorry for the massive gap between posts, this is the third week back at school, so the homework has really begun to increase unfortunately!

Anyway, today I will be reviewing a book that was posted to me in early January while I was overseas! This book is called:

Reminder By Irene Willis

Blurb:

On a trip with her daughter to untangle the mysteries of her family's past, a woman finds herself revising with increasing understanding and humour, the emotional landscape of her life - which was impacted by her father's alcoholism, but ultimately warmed by her successful second marriage - her awareness of the varied forms love can take and what survives.
(Collections of poems)

Review:

Please note that even though I was sent this book in exchange for a review, what you are about to read is 100% truthful and unbiased. I pride myself in writing reviews that I truly believe in.

Reminder by Irene Willis begins in the Depression and takes you on a journey through the decades that come after, and the honest poems featured in this book really paint a picture when you read them. 

These poems were so passionately written, and I could definitely tell how Irene poured her heart and soul into each line. Love really inhabits this book, which means that as I read it, my love for her style of writing grew immensely. The words on the page have a voice thanks to Irene, and really remind us of who we were, and who we are as people today.

With clarity, Irene Willis created a story where satisfaction for any bookworm can be found on every page. Even I, who hasn't read much poetry, couldn't help but fall for the syrupy words I was reading, that were expertly woven into a tale to remember. The intensity of this story was unbelievable, and I am so grateful to have read this book, and I look forward to reading more of her work.

Rating: 3.5/5 

Favourite Lines:








Thanks for reading this review!
What are your thoughts on poetry?
What are your thoughts on this review?
Let me know in the comments below!

-Tyra xx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Tyra :)
    I love poetry, both reading and writing it.
    What a really nice review, will definitely consider checking this book out.
    Have you been nominated for the Liebster award yet? If not, I'd really like to nominate you.
    Charis xx

    ReplyDelete

Here:

The owner of this blog is not compensated to give their opinion on the literature, websites, and/or various other topics that are reviewed. The views that are expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. The owner of this blog does not own any of the pictures posted on here, unless stated otherwise.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *