Tyra's Life: My European Holiday!

09:38:00

Hello Hello Hello! 
I'm very sorry for not posting in a week, buuuuut, this blog post explains why!
(Also, I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas, and are looking forward to a very happy New Year!)

I'm posting this blog entry to tell you all about what's been going on in my world right now. For the past nine days I've been on a family trip to EUROPE! Coming from Australia - a country that is literally at the bottom of the world - travelling so far is a very big deal, so this sort of trip was incredibly exciting. 

The first destination on our trip (besides a quick stop in Singapore) was London, England. I have never been to this city before, so I didn't really know what to expect - the only images I had of London were from movies like Love Actually, Notting Hill and Bridget Jones' Diary (three of my favourite films - love you Hugh Grant / Colin Firth). So, when I first arrived, I was mesmerised by its vintage vibes, and sheer beauty! Everywhere I turned, there was a building rich in history and character, making it so interesting to walk around and explore the magnificent city I was in,
The Iconic Red Telephone Booth! 

Abbey Road - The Beatles Cross Walk (Featuring my brother)

Big Ben!

After seeing some of the tourist attractions, we decided to explore more of where we were staying - Fitzrovia. Doing this, we discovered some amazing things that I thought would be perfect to share on this blog!

Dylan Thomas, well-known poet, actually lived in the exact place where I was staying! Obviously, it wasn't the same building as it has been rebuilt and modernised, but his home was in the same place! Dylan used to go to all the pubs in the area including one I actually ate at called The Fitzroy Tavern and another pub called The Wheatsheaf.

The Wheatsheaf was also a place where famous author, George Orwell drank! George is one of my favourite authors, so I was completely stunned when I saw that he had stood outside this pub one day, just like I was. 

How Exciting Is That? 

We left London with a heavy heart a few days ago, and now we are in Paris - although our time here is unfortunately drawing to a close. I have truly fallen in love with the 'City Of Love'. It is magical! Our apartment is absolutely gorgeous, so every morning we venture out and buy fresh cheese and bread, before coming back home and having a feast. Throughout my time in Paris I have eaten like a queen, filling up on delicious tarts from the nearest boulangerie or having a Croque Madamemouiselle in a cafe. Whether I'm sitting by the Eiffel Tower or watching artists paint in Montmatre, I'm constantly surrounded by beauty, and I am very sad to say that I'm leaving tomorrow. However, I'm excited to venture into Italy - first stop, Venice! 

Croque Madame 
View of Paris From The Top Of The Arc De Triomphe 

'Tour Eiffel' or Eiffel Tower (featuring my brother) 

The Moulin Rouge

View From Sacré-Cœur 

Only A Snippet Of The Artwork Displayed In Montmatre (The Artists Were Painting Right There And Then)


View From Sacré-Cœur 

This trip has been unbelievably amazing so far, and I cannot wait to see what else is in store for me! 

How was your Christmas/New Year's Eve?

Leave your thoughts and comments below! I love hearing from you xx

With love from Paris,

Tyra xx







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Here:

The owner of this blog is not compensated to give their opinion on the literature, websites, and/or various other topics that are reviewed. The views that are expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. The owner of this blog does not own any of the pictures posted on here, unless stated otherwise.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *